Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Parental Snapshot #36579

Lillian is toilet training. Which is not presenting any special dramas, but it is relevant to rest of the story.

The other morning Jane had gone to work, Thomas was at school and Lillian and I had returned home from the shopping. I am, shall we say ‘standing’ in the bathroom, when Lillian barges in. She stops for a second, and with great enthusiasm exclaims "Good job daddy"!

And then she started clapping.

5 comments:

  1. Well I'm laughing. With you, obviously. Good job, Daddy! You get it almost every time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh. Yeah -- it's a bit of a sobering moment, isn't it? But, you know: well done. Even if it did take you forty years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love the candor of childhood. It makes public toilets a much different experience than they once were.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It could be worse Dirk. She could be getting out of nappies just as I am going back into them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah. All these things to look forward to. Alex already starts pushing his way into the toilet while we're in there and he ain't walkin' yet.

    ReplyDelete