The nice people from Roger’s have finally been around and connected us to the wider world.
Establishing a new household in a developed country when one is without the benefits of telephone or internet is painful. It took us nearly a week just to get enough ID together to manage the checks required to get a prepaid cellphone (read mobile). At the same time we were able to sign up for a bundled home package covering TV, internet and a landline. Sure, the soonest they could make it over to install everything was a fortnight later, but at least we had an appointment to rejoin the world. In the meantime we made due with extremely limited net access and the Yellowpages. Yes, the actual paper ones.
As far as this blog is concerned, I am going to try to push out extra entries covering the last few weeks and bring everything up to speed. This may see entries made out of chronological sequence because I don’t want to leave current events behind while I try to catch up.
You have all seen Pulp Fiction. I am sure you’ll manage.
Flat chicken is all I have now.
7 months ago
Welcome back to the planet, boyo. And greetings to the Mighty Miss J, and Spawnage.
ReplyDelete