I know I mostly use the blog to talk about the family adventure in Canada, but I did warn you all long ago that it may also be put to other ends. This is one of those times.
Spiegel (German media) interviewed the Iranian Foreign Minster, and its bloody amazing. Here is how the exchange opens...
SPIEGEL: Mr. Foreign Minister, you are the senior diplomat of the Islamic Republic of Iran. You represent a nation that prides itself on a cultural history stretching back more than 2,500 years. Don't you find it shameful that people are stoned to death in your country?
Manouchehr Mottaki: You come from a country that murdered millions of people during a tyrannical war, and you want to talk to me about human rights? OK, we can certainly discuss the laws in various countries and naturally we can, in a friendly atmosphere, debate the different legal principles.
SPIEGEL: It isn't a matter of legal subtleties. Stoning is a glaring violation of universal human rights. It's barbaric.
I don't know if these two are old friends, were drunk or being held back from actual biffo by their friends, but its a cracker of a read. Get the rest here...
http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,714513,00.html
Flat chicken is all I have now.
7 months ago
That's amazing, some time real life just goes beyond satire
ReplyDeleteAs Barnes says, simply amazing. Hook in from both sides.
ReplyDeleteOutstanding!
ReplyDelete