Sunday, April 18, 2010

Up Next , the Dance of the Single Parent!

As I type Jane is flapping (her own description) about the house getting ready for a 10am flight out of Ottawa. DFAIT is sending her overseas for the first time, and I will be home with the shorties for the duration. It was going to be a relatively easy 5 days (out Sunday, back Friday), but a certain volcano in Iceland has buggered pretty well everybody on Earth's travel plans, and added two days to Jane’s travel time. She also get to go 2/3rds of the way around the world heading West, instead of 1/3 of the way around by going East.

I intend to spend my evenings watching movies that I like and she has no interest in, and putting in some serious time painting toy soldiers. I’ll probably also get a spicy pizza or two.

Its going to be a long week.

5 comments:

  1. Day 1
    The children have formed their own tribal society, cannibalizing their stuffed animals and making walls to guard themselves using Lego Blocks.

    Day 4
    I'm tied to a pole over a roasting fire. The only way I'm typing this is because a visitor has pitied me enough to post it for me, and strangely mistaken the 'pig on a spit' routine for a game.
    I just want Jane to know that I love her, and that our children are truely hers. They didn't get this sort of thing from my side of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't let him fool ya. 'Dad Time' can be trying, but you do get to have fun. I particularly like to wake the children in the morning with VERY LOUD HEAVY METAL MUSIC. I am not permitted this joy when Natalie is home.

    I expect that Mister Jay has any number of nifty Dad Tricks planned...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes.

    It shall be like 'Home Alone', only I will be the Macaulay Culkin character and the kids will be the bumbling and bamboozled home invaders. I will spend my evenings preparing a series of intricate traps lovingly crafted from their own toys.

    I might even shave, once. AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete