Saturday, January 2, 2010

Seasonal Pics #1 – The Governor Generals Park

Amazing the difference just a few months can make. You have seen the pics we took when we got here. These pics were taken shortly after a bout of freezing rain came through the city. We couldn’t drive anywhere, but of course the GG’s park is an easy walk. (click on the pics for larger size)

These 1st two pics are of the rose garden and stone arch that chronicles the history of Canadian government. Its a lot more fragmented then I had expected. For example, Newfoundland was part of the UK until the 1940s. In fact, troops from Newfoundland fought at Gallipoli.







Not Blair Witch.


There is a cricket pitch under there.


The beautiful stone and iron fence that surrounds the park.






I will put up more seasonal pics from the local area, and of the kids, before too long.

2 comments:

  1. You wouldn't be getting much bounce off that pitch...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ground is frozen solid. I reckon you would get terrific bounce, once you found the pitch and dug it out :)

    ReplyDelete